Oh yes I did!! Now before you get too excited, it wasn't a HUMAN life, but hey, a life is a life, right? Ok, it was a hummingbird, but I still saved it's little life...
We were having breakfast on the deck ( do you notice a trend here?) and just as we were finishing, 3 little hummers flew up to the feeder. Now if you know hummingbirds, you know they are very territorial. So one of them started chasing the others and one of the poor things got hit by the ceiling fan and thrown into the french doors!! He dropped to the deck and I thought he was dead. At first I couldn't look at him and when I did I saw that his little feet were still moving. I decided that maybe he was just stunned, so I got a towel and scooped him up. He just lay in the towel, not moving and looking at me. I was talking to him the entire time, telling him he was going to make it, I just knew he was!
I put him on his tummy on the table and went to get a box to put him in to protect him from Miss Kitty and Einstein. When I came back, he had struggled to his feet, but wasn't going anywhere, so I got the hummingbird feeder, and scooted him up to the perch. He clung to it and actually dipped his little beak into the food! I was so excited. But he couldn't get close enough, so I took the top off in order for him to reach it a little easier. After a few minutes, he fluttered his wings and flew up into the cedar tree!! I saved his life!! The kitties would surely have eaten him up if he had stayed on the deck where he fell. I love watching my birds and am very happy to have been able to give a little back for all the joy I gain while watching them.

I saved a life today! : )
You DID save a life. I love hummingbirds! Glad you entered the contest! You have a great idea giving it to your neighbors!
ReplyDelete