Monday, October 5, 2009

Love, Love, Love this weather!!

So, I think October is my new favorite month. Today is a cool, cloudy, fall day and I just love it. My windows are open, my AC is off and I am a happy camper. The trees are just beginning to turn a little, nothing dramatic yet, but I suspect a trip to the Talamina drive is in my future. According to the weather guys, we are going to get some really cool temps later in the week. I might have to make chili for the first time this season. Yummm, can't wait.

We had a fun night Saturday at the 2nd annual Martin Oktoberfest party. I made my German potatoes and they were all eaten. I even doubled the recipe this year. They were pretty yummy. Had a good visit with friends we had not seen in a while, all in all a fun evening. Our friend Gary spent the night with us. The boys left on Sunday for a ride into Missouri, they should be home tonight sometime.

Kaci called earlier, she was excited to have just met Barry Switzer. He came in to her office and sat at her desk. I asked if she had photographic proof, but she said she was trying to be professional.

Not much else going on. Making chicken spaghetti for dinner tonight and making an extra batch to take to Daryl Oliver. Elaine is in the end stage of her breast cancer, so I wanted to try and help in some way. I will get that over to them tomorrow. I know how this family feels right now.

Enough for now. Will try and be more interesting next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment