Thursday, September 17, 2009

She's 92

Today is my Aunt's 92nd birthday. 92!! She is still going strong too. I saw her 3 days ago at my Uncle's funeral and even after hip replacement surgery a few months ago, she has not slowed down. I want to be just like her when I grow up!

My Mom would have been just like her, had she lived. But Mom only made it to 61. That wasn't long enough. It is only 10 years older than I am right now. As strong as my Mom's heart was, if she had not gotten lung cancer, she would probably have lived until at least 100. And sassy! She would have been so sassy! One of those little old ladies who said whatever she wanted and who cares what people thought.

Did you ever see the Fruitcake Lady on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno? My Aunt and my Mom could put her to shame! My Mom delighted in embarrassing me every chance she had. I think she loved to see me blush and tried her best to loosen me up a little. So, since her death almost 7 years ago, I have tried to be a little more like her. Not so concerned what other people think, wearing red more instead of my safe blues and making sure people know I love them. There are no guarantees in this life. I have learned that for sure. My mom should still be here and I hate that she isn't. I miss her so much.

Happy Birthday Aunt Inez! I love you and hope you have many more birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment