Saturday, September 26, 2009

A very good day

Yes, today was a very good day. It was beautiful and the temperatures were just about perfect.

The day started out early with a trip to the optometrist to pick up my new glasses. They are going to take some getting used to. Evidently my "bifocal vision" has gotten much worse since the last time I had new lenses. I went with the no line style and they are really challenging me. I had to take them off earlier and put my old ones on. I had a really bad headache and was getting very nauseated. Hopefully I will adjust to them soon...

After getting my glasses, I went to Fort Smith to pick Ed up. He needed to leave his VTX at the Honda dealership to have some work done while he is out of town this week. We went from there to Tom Bull Furniture and bought the television credenza! I am so excited. I think it is a really nice piece of furniture that can have many more uses than just for the tv. We will get it next weekend. Now I just have to decide how I want to rearrange the living room...

We picked up some things at the market and came home to get some things done around here. I put some steak and chicken in to marinate and started the laundry. We grilled everything and roasted some green chiles. I baked some potatoes and corn on the cob and made a salad. We took it all outside and had dinner by candlelight on the deck. It was a wonderful meal and the evening couldn't have been nicer. I really love where we live right now, just wish it was closer to my girls....

Tomorrow is the Pollard family reunion. I don't think I am going to go. Ed will be leaving for the airport around noon and if I am going, I will need to leave really early to make the drive. Since I just saw many of my family at Uncle Don's funeral, I think I will skip this year. I will be going to Eufaula later in the week to see Daddy and spend some time with Cindy and I really don't want to be making so many trips that direction.

I spent Friday with my Dad. We went to the cemetery and I put some beautiful fall flowers on Mom's grave. It is still so hard to believe she has been gone for 7 years now. When we arrived at the cemetery, my cousin Peggy was there. She is getting things ready to move Harvey to the Sapulpa cemetery. She decided she wanted to be buried where her son Keith is and that means moving Harvey from the Checotah cemetery. They plan to move him late October. After I finished with the flowers, Peggy joined us for lunch. We had a really nice visit with her and I am glad we ran into each other.

Well, enough for today. I am tired and will probably be heading off to bed before long.....

No comments:

Post a Comment