Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's my Birthday Week!

I have started getting birthday cards. Not as many as I received last year, that was a record number. So far I have three and my gift from Alissa. She remembered the book I found while we were in California and ordered it for me. It's called The Heirloom Tomato. Beautiful book, all about tomatoes! I know, doesn't sound interesting, but it really is a gorgeous book with some wonderful recipes and photography.

We spent the afternoon looking at refrigerators. Too many choices, think I will just get the old one repaired and hope it lasts a while longer. Maybe by the time I am ready for a new one, they will have something new and cool out.

We had dinner with friends after shopping. Of course they told the wait staff it was my birthday, which meant singing and cake. Oh well, it is that time of year.

Tomorrow is Uncle Don's funeral. Not looking forward to that, but I will go.

Loved the rainy day we had today, I think it is supposed to last through tomorrow.

Can't wait for the mail to run tomorrow, more cards for me!! So hard to believe I will be 51 years old. Just doesn't seem possible....

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Connie! I do hope you have a wonderful day!! Great job Alissa for remembering/finding/sending the new book on time :)

    ReplyDelete