Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday, Monday

Wow, a cool, cloudy Monday morning!! Haven't had one of those for a while now. What a great way to start the week. Especially after a busy three day weekend. We had a really good time in Tulsa. It was great to see the Lewis and Martin families and spend some time with Ed's parents. Friday was filled with the Wingding of course. I had no idea it was going to be such a big deal I have never seen so many Goldwing motorcycles! The creativity in customizing these bikes is unreal. Of course whenever you have these things, there is shopping to be done. I got a really cute bracelet, but managed to control myself when it came to the $700 dollar mailbox! I am so not kidding! I thought maybe $100-150, but oh no, it was almost $700! Of course with the "Show special" you could get it for $479 I think. Still a little pricey for me. My favorite tho, had to be the lovely clothing articles we saw. Now they were traffic stoppers. Seriously, some of these clothes would make streetwalkers blush!! A man must have designed them, can't imagine a woman coming up with such tacky stuff.

We had a great dinner Friday night, got to see a couple thrown out of a Mexican restaurant for being too drunk BEFORE 9pm!! Even the cop said it was way too early for people to be that drunk already!! And you know he sees a lot of drunks! There were a few other people who were well on their way to that condition, judging by their dancing style. People really should have themselves videotaped when they are out in public and drinking, so they can watch it the next day. It might deter them from over indulging.

Saturday was breakfast at Mamadou's. Too much food as usual, but always good. The Martins left us after that, the Mrs. wasn't quite recuperated from her recent surgery and probably had overdone it a bit by making the trip. Hopefully she will be better soon. The ladies went shopping and I actually found a few shirts at reasonable prices. We met up with the guys later and parted ways with the Lewis family for a few hours so we could spend some time with Ed's parents. Had a relaxing afternoon visiting with them and then met up with the L fam for dinner at a Tulsa favorite, Jamil's. It is a Lebanese steak house and has been in Tulsa forever. It was started by a relative of the Dr. my mom used to work for. My parents would go there for special occasions. Can't believe I had never eaten there before, but it didn't disappoint. I LOVE the cabbage rolls and tabouli. I have to remember to just have the appetizers next time tho. I am so stuffed by the time the main course arrives! And since we weren't going right back home, I couldn't take it with us. So 3 lovely stuffed shrimp were totally wasted. And you should never waste good stuffed shrimp.....

The fireworks. What can I say? It took us 45 minutes to get to parking, 15 minutes to walk to the seating area and only had 10 minutes of actual fireworks!! Seems they had some technical difficulties and a large amount of them exploded all at once!! So we saw about one third of the intended show. But at least no one was hurt....

We stopped by Chili's for a Molten chocolate dessert and visited with the L family for a little while longer and then said our goodbyes. They were going on to Kansas the next day to see family and we were headed back to Ed's parents. We had breakfast with Donald the next morning, Lovella had to teach a Sunday school class. Donald wasn't feeling very well, so I think he used us as an excuse to not go this week. He is having some real issues and we hope he is feeling better soon.

We finally made it home late Sunday afternoon. I love going, but I really love coming back home. MomaKat and Puddy were very happy to see us as well. They both got a good brushing and I think I threw away half a cat!! They are so funny and really brighten my day!! I love my kitties.

Ok, enough for now. Time to get started on the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment