Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rest in Peace Aunt Gladys

Aunt Gladys passed away last night. I am just so sad that she wasn't able to come back from her fall. I am happy I was able to spend some time with her last Sunday. When I walked out of the room, she was sitting up, her eyes were bright and I had high hopes that she was going to battle back from all of this. But it wasn't meant to be.

I don't know what the arrangements are yet. I hope to talk to Lovella later today and find out the details. I feel so sorry for Lovella, she is the only remaining member of her family. Gladys was her last sibling. I can't imagine how that must feel. I have only lost my mother and I feel so lost some days.

I love you Aunt Gladys and I hope you are at peace now, reunited with Kenneth, your parents and siblings. Thank you for always making me feel a part of your family. We may not have been related by blood, but you were my Aunt in all the ways that really mattered.

I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment