Gladys Pregler is my Aunt by marriage, but I couldn't love her more if she were my Aunt by blood. She has been part of my life since I was 13 years old. She hosted my Keeton family wedding shower, allowed me to use her home for bridal portraits, helped at my wedding reception, drove me to photographer's appointments when Alissa was a baby and I was still a little afraid to drive in the big city of Tulsa and just generally has been there for so many important events in my life and my family's lives.
Aunt Gladys is 84 now and in declining health. I went to see her a week ago and it quite frankly broke my heart. I had never seen her like I saw her that Sunday. She has always been a very attractive, well dressed and coiffured woman and that certainly isn't what I saw during my visit. It is just so hard to see her this way. I am just praying that God will either heal her or take her on to heaven, because she isn't really living right now and I don't think she would want to continue on this way. We are hoping she will be regain her health and be with us for Christmas Eve this year. But the Dr.'s aren't giving us much hope at this point. We can only pray for God's will to be done.
I love you Aunt Gladys.
No comments:
Post a Comment