And this is what she looked like 3 years ago today! She was Kari's roommate all 4 years at the Naval Academy and 1 year in Hawaii. I love this girl!! She has the sweetest heart and has been a very good friend to Kari. She flew all the way from Hawaii to be a bridesmaid in Kari's wedding. And wore this dress. I don't think she is a big fan of dresses, so this was a big deal for her. And I totally understand, as I am not much of a dress wearer either. I wore pants to the wedding. Wore a dress to Alissa's, said that was the last one I would wear and so far, it has been. Yep, 7 years since I had a dress on. Don't like em, not gonna wear em. But I digress, back to my company. So excited to see Alli Moon in a few hours!!
She is bringing her dog she rescued from Iraq. Alli is an EOD officer. She explodes things in a safe way so that they don't hurt people. When she told me she was choosing this for her service selection I nearly cried. This is a very dangerous line of work. It took her to Iraq and thank the good Lord, she came back home. While she was there, her unit adopted 2 dogs and when it was time to come home, they managed to get the dogs out of Iraq as well. So Duke is now living the good life with Alli and will get to see the hills of Arkansas as well. Wonder what he will think of it? : )
Better get busy, I am making a couple of new recipes and I want to make sure it is all yummy for her.
I love company!! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment