Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas is over, the New Year begins

Today I took the tree down all by myself! Ornaments, lights and even carried it outdoors! Now, if this was only a 5-6 foot tree, you might not be that impressed, but it was a 9 -10 ft. tree!! I posted a picture of it in an earlier post. Quite an accomplishment, right? I thought so too. But...
my darling husband comes home from work, walks right past the tree outside, comes in the house, is here for at least 30 minutes and when I finally say I can't believe he didn't notice I took the tree down, he actually said he had not noticed it was gone. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? A 9-10 ft tree is no longer occupying a large portion of our living room and you didn't notice? His excuse? Well, it was only there a couple of weeks. I give up...

The decorations are all in the dining room, just waiting to be put back in the appropriate boxes and carried into the attic. Hopefully I will finish that tomorrow.

Had a nice dinner last night with our friends the Martins and Charles and Irena Newland. Irena is from Siberia and it is always fun to chat with her. She brought me a lovely hand painted pin from her most recent trip to Russia. The last time we saw her, she gave me a beautiful black lacquer trinket box that was also hand painted. Charles' family owns Newlands on the White River here in Arkansas. It is a great place to relax and if you like trout fishing it is the place to go. We spent a few days there in the summer of '06 and this wonderful man Alvin cooked all of our meals over an open fire. It was so awesome! The food was amazing, we canoed, fished and just relaxed in general. Would love to go back and do it all again, just longer next time.

Supposed to get crazy cold later this week, we actually had a dusting of snow last night/early this morning. Lows are supposed to be in the single digits by Friday and Saturday. Gotta love January.

No comments:

Post a Comment