Yep, 23, that is how many pounds I have lost as of today!! Yay me! It has been hard and I still have a very long way to go, but I am 23 pounds closer to my goal than I was. So Yay me! Ed is doing great as well, he is down 24 pounds. I am beginning to see it in both of us. Now bear in mind, this much weight loss on most people would show up sooner, but when you have let yourselves go as long as we have, well it takes a little longer for it to be visible. Just happy to be losing instead of gaining. It is time to start taking care of me, I want to be around for a very long time and for that time to be healthy. I have been so fortunate with my health during my first 51 years on this earth and want the next 51 or more to be just as good. So, time to start exercising, eating better and be kinder to myself. I have many reasons to do this and I can finally announce the biggest reason of all.....
I am going to be a Grandmother!! Or a Nonnie as I prefer to be called. Alissa and Brek are 12 weeks pregnant, officially past the first trimester, so I can finally start telling people. Yay!!!
They told us on Christmas Day, with an email containing an ultrasound of Baby Lightner Poynor!! We are all so excited and can't wait for July 28th to get here. Alissa is feeling good, no nausea so far, just some pretty bad headaches. They are going to be here on Tuesday and I can't wait to see them. We haven't seen them since August, so we have a lot of catching up to do. Lots of shopping I am sure. Alissa is very private, so I am going to have to be very careful that I don't "share" more than she would want me to. But it is just so very exciting and difficult to keep it all to myself. Thank goodness for Cindy, her MIL, we have been able to talk to each other at least and be as excited as we want to be.
Anyway, that is my big news, have been wanting to talk about it for a while now, but out of respect for Alissa, have managed to restrain myself. Now, back to cleaning and getting ready for their visit.
Oh and if anyone does happen to read my blog, PLEASE don't say anything to Alissa on Facebook or any other social networking site. She really doesn't want it talked about in any of those places just yet. She is still telling friends and I want her to be able to do that, so please respect her wishes on this for now. Thanks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment