
Puddy waiting for Kari to get here, we were all excited!!
Ed put Kari to work on our pitiful flower beds. She for some strange reason actually enjoys all that stuff. Me, not so much.
Then it was time to shower and head off to see the Wizard in Tulsa. We stopped off at the Hasty Bake Bar-b-cue competition, Ed's cousin was competing. Oh my gosh it was so stinking hot. Have I mentioned I don't enjoy hot weather. Yeah, I thought I had, but for the record, I HATE HOT WEATHER!!!
We then went to Ed's parents house for a visit and to change into our "Theater" clothes. We stopped off for a light dinner on the way and then Ed dropped us off for the show. It was very good and we had fun just seeing it together. I have enjoyed this Christmas gift so much. I loved all the shows and getting to see them with my favorite girls in the world just made it so very special.

Kari and me about to see the Wizard!!
Of course, no trip home is complete without a stop at Whataburger. Thank goodness there is one in Tulsa. 120 miles is a long way to go for WhataB, but when you don't get it very often it is worth it.
After another very late night, we were up way too early again, planting all the new greenery we purchased. It was so stinking hot....Thankfully my Dad showed up and we were able to get to a stopping place and start the Father's Day dinner. Inside cooking is sooo much better than outside planting any day. We had a very nice dinner and before we knew it, the time had come to take Kari to the airport. I hate goodbyes worse than I hate the heat. So, since it was Father's Day, I let Ed take Kari to the airport. He got some time with her and I stayed here and visited with my Daddy.
Poor Kari, her flight was diverted to Richmond because of storms in Norfolk, so she didn't get home until after midnight her time. Sure wish she could have stayed longer but so thankful for the time we had together.
I love my girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment