Friday, June 25, 2010

Today's the day

Well, the day has finally arrived. Ok, the second day has finally arrived. The day was officially the 15th of May when Ed started the ride and got the bike to Seattle. But the ride really begins when he flies back to Seattle today, gets the bike and heads North to Alaska.

This trip has literally been years in the making. Not sure the exact date the idea was first talked about, but I have known about it for at least 2 years. It just boggles my mind that after all the talking, researching, purchasing, returning....well you get the picture, the day is finally here.

I picked up a few last minute food items yesterday at Bass Pro for him. He doesn't think he will need them, but better to have and not need, than need and not have.


Had to get the Jalapeno jerky!!


It's called a spork!

I didn't buy the bear spray tho. That stuff is $50!! I told him he would just have to run fast! : )

Today is packing and last minute things, have to pick up his prescriptions, some extra undies and a few other necessities and then it's off to the airport.

I know he will have some challenges along the way, but this is truly the trip of a lifetime. I hope it lives up to all of his expectations. I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all the stories.

Ok, back to business, I will write and post more pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment