Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A root canal? Seriously?

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. This has been a year of firsts for me and I want it to stop right now!!! My first ever surgery ( and all the tests required to determine I needed surgery) and now my first ever root canal. There have been a few other firsts that I would have preferred not to experience, just not at liberty to discuss them here right now. I have made it 50 years without all these health and other issues and I would just as soon make it another 50 thank you very much.

The good news regarding the root canal is that it has forced me to rest a little. I have spent 3 nights in a row in my own bed and that hasn't happened since the end of October. Granted it was on major pain meds, but I will take it however I can get it. The bad news is that I feel so guilty for not being with my in-laws and helping them. The pain meds help but I can't make a 2 and a half hour drive while taking them. Not sure when I will get back up there...

So for now, pain meds, antibiotics and the joy of knowing I will be going back in a few days to finish (hopefully) what the dentist started. Evidently my roots are not cooperating and I may have to be referred to a specialist in this area. Hopefully it will not come to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment