Wow, what a week this has been. We made it to Tulsa on the 5th and I haven't been home since!
Ed's dad was not doing well at all and could not be left alone, so Ed and I spent the next 5 nights attempting to sleep in recliners in my FIL's hospital room. I finally sent Ed home to sleep in a real bed on Tuesday night and stayed with his dad by myself. Ed's back situation is precarious at best and he needed a good firm bed to keep it from going completely out on him. Plus, his mom was pretty close to total exhaustion and was in need of a good dinner and an early bedtime.
Finally on Wednesday, the Dr.'s said he could come home!! We were packed and ready in a flash. A week in the hospital with basically no sleep and not the best of eating habits was more than enough for all of us! But of course after staying up all night for a week, it was nearly impossible to sleep that first night. Last night was a little better and tonight I will be sleeping in my very own bed!! Ed's sister will stay the weekend and if needed I will come back on Monday. While I certainly don't mind coming back and helping, I would rather he be doing well enough that I am not needed. We are getting concerned about Ed's mom as well, she has been under so much stress the past few months, with her sister's illness and recent death and now Donald's health problems. We are just trying to make sure she doesn't end up in the hospital bed beside him next time.
So, TGIF the 13th, a lucky day as far as I am concerned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment