Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rainy Sunday, Lazy Day


I don't think there is anything more perfect than a rainy, lazy Sunday. The rain is so relaxing and encourages you to just take it easy and enjoy the day the Lord made. It just makes you want to slow down and appreciate things, rather than rush around like crazy trying to get everything accomplished. Not that my life is that crazy anymore, but I still appreciate these days and enjoy them immensely.


Ed took off at noon on Friday and we drove to Northwest Arkansas to look at yet another motorcycle. We met Bob and Liz there and she and I spent several hours talking while Bob and Ed contemplated all the different bikes and options. We finally were able to drag them out of there and went our seperate ways, Bob and Liz to Eureka Springs and us to Tulsa. We met Ed's parents for dinner and then went back to their house to spend the night. It's getting more and more obvious every day how much they are both aging. I think Ed is finally seeing it as well, he keeps saying we have to get up there more often and spend more time with them. I'm glad he sees it and wants to go more often. I don't want him to regret not spending time with them when they are gone. I know all too well what that feels like.


We met Donald at Mamadou's for breakfast and then Lovella and I went to visit with Gladys for a while. It breaks my heart to see her the way she is now, but it means so much to her for us to visit. She surprised me while we were there, by telling me that a favorite painting of hers will be mine one day. I have admired it for years and it means so much to me that she wants me to have it one day. She is such a sweet lady and has been wonderful to me ever since I became a part of this family. I just can't help remembering her in her prime and that is why it hurts so much to see her now.


Lovella is ready to do some remodeling, so we went to Lowe's and picked up a book on bathrooms. They really need to do something to prepare their home in case one or both of them end up in a wheelchair. It most likely will be Donald, but with the problems she is having, it could be her as well. Their home is definitely not handicap friendly, so their will be a lot to do.


Ed and I left around 1 and went to at least 3 more motorcycle shops. I swear, he has motorcyles on the brain!! I just wish he would make up his mind and buy something. I really don't want him to buy a new bike, but he does need a new helmet and jacket before the June ride. Hopefully he will find what he wants soon.....


We had a really good dinner, Los Cabos in Broken Arrow. Probably the best Mexican we have had outside of Texas. Fort Smith is for sure lacking in that department. Hopefully with more growth, better restaurants will come in. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she??


I have to tell a funny story on Ed. His family is notorious for mispronouncing words and getting things confused. So yesterday as we are leaving the Harley store in Tulsa, he remarks " I thought they were having a "Pico de Gallo" celebration today". Now I of course cannot contain myself and burst out laughing. He obviously meant to say Cinco de Mayo. I just cracked up couldn't wait to tell the girls his latest. It has to rank right up there with my Mom's "organism". I told the girls they have to remember it and tell it at his funeral!!


No comments:

Post a Comment