Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What to do?

There is so much I should be doing. How do I motivate myself? That has always been a problem for me. For sure not a self motivated person. I have to be pushed constantly. If there isn't a deadline, well, it can just wait. If I know something has to be done, man can I work and get it done. But if not, eh, it will still be there tomorrow, the next day, the next month, whatever.

I have to get things ready for our trip to Boston and NYC. But I know me and I will be packing, cleaning and running around like crazy the night before I leave. I guess my thinking is, why do today, what you can put off till tomorrow? : )

We had a pretty uneventful 4 day weekend. Friday, went to Jeff's house, cemetery, Lake Tenkiller, dinner at the Princess Drive In (trip down memory lane for Ed) and then home. Saturday, drove to Bentonville for a motorcycle show ( I got a necklace, bracelet and ankle bracelet, all magnetic and supposed to be good for what ails you) , didn't get any motorcycle stuff, had lunch and then back home. Sunday and Monday just hung out at home, did some projects and spent far too much time on the computer. Read some amazing blogs, can't imagine what these families are enduring, so thankful for my healthy children and hopefully someday, healthy grandchildren. It is so easy to take that all for granted.

Tomorrow is my baby brother's 40th birthday. I just can't believe it has been that many years since he came into my life. I was 10, almost 11 when he was born and I thought he was my very own live baby doll. At one time, he called me Moma and I loved it. Now I am a surrogate Nonnie to his children, since our Mom is gone. I don't get to see any of them very often, but hopefully since the kids are moving back to OKC from Vegas, we will get to see them more.
Happy Birthday little brother, love you bunches, your Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment