It has been said you are never too old to learn. Ed and I found this out the hard way last night...
We decided we were tired of Thanksgiving food and wanted something different. So we loaded up and headed out in search of a yummy, healthy meal. But since we live in the hills of Arkansas, that wasn't possible. Instead we wheeled into Taco Bell. The line was really long, but hey, it's better than getting out and going in, right? So, we waited thru the line, ordered our food, waited some more and then began the first lesson...
Ed reached for his wallet...not there...he looked at me and of course I began to fuss at him for driving without his license and not having any money...and then lesson two started...
I reached for my purse, all the while still fussing at him, started digging around and...no billfold...oops...it seems I had been Christmas shopping from the comfort of my sofa and had failed to return my wallet to my purse...
So, it was our turn at the window and we have to tell this very young girl, she couldn't have been over 12, that we did not have any money. And that is exactly what Ed said to her. Not, we forgot our wallets, but that we didn't have any money! Talk about humiliation...We asked her to hold the food while we went home to get money, but she said we should just come back thru and reorder, because the food would probably be soggy by the time we returned. Ed suggested that she could just let us take the food and come back to pay for it...yeah right Ed, I bet she has never heard that one before. She declined his request.
So, we drove away, food less and hungry, came all the way back home, got the money and headed back. I couldn't decide if I wanted her to be there or not. If she was there, at least she would know we were honest, but really, I didn't want to have to face her again. A very nice young man was at the window when we returned, we paid, got our food and learned a couple of valuable lessons.
1. Always make sure you have your wallet and money before getting in a drive-thru line for food.
2. If there is a possibility you didn't do #1, DO NOT chastise your partner for not doing it. Remember, what goes around, comes around...
Class dismissed.
No comments:
Post a Comment