Ed decided we should go ahead and get the new appliances before Christmas and the girls all coming home. It was October, so I agreed. Plenty of time, right? And it would have been if you weren't dealing with Mr. I have to compare and get the best deal Man!!! I swear he enjoys shopping more than I do. I always get to the point where I just say, I don't care, just buy something!! We finally came to an agreement, the appliances were purchased and a road trip to TN was in my future. My friend Cindy was going, then had back issues and couldn't, so I talked my cousin into going with me. She couldn't leave until Monday of this week, so of course TN got nearly a foot of snow on Sunday. Seriously??
Oh, but I forgot one other element. In the middle of all the appliance shopping, we decided we also needed to put new granite countertops and tile backsplash in. Yes, we are insane.
So, Ed left this morning to get the appliances, the granite guy comes tomorrow and I am left thinking, I just wanted to remove the wallpaper....
I will leave you with the current state of my kitchen...Pray for me...All of my girls will be here a week from today to celebrate Christmas with us for the first time in 8 years and I need my house back to normal.

All I can say is "Been There" for the last 32 years. Ken wanted to start on the rest of the bedrooms and the main bathroom and I said "please, no construction until after Christmas". I KNOW what my house would have looked like right now. I feel sorry for you!
ReplyDeleteKelly
Thanks Kelly! I am just so behind, I have decided not to even try and catch up...Everything should be finished, just won't leave much time for shopping and cleaning...Oh well, the most important thing is that we will all be together. Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDelete