Actually returned home Wednesday night, but spent yesterday unloading the Tahoe, doing a mountain of laundry, grocery shopping (nothing in the house to eat) and managing to pull a muscle in my back. Darn that Diet Dr. Pepper!! Our local Dollar Store has 2 liter bottles for $1.25 with a 55cent coupon on each bottle. So of course I stocked up. They had cases with 8 bottles in each, so I got two cases in my cart, no problem. But then the checker wanted me to lift them out and that was my downfall. I lifted the first one out and felt it immediately. It was in my ribcage area on the left side of my back. I managed to finish up, get home, unload the groceries, put away the refrigerated stuff and collapsed!!
I had great plans for a home cooked meal, well, that didn't happen! Ed brought dinner home, bless his heart. I had stripped the bed and washed the sheets and yes, Ed had to put them back on for me. But after some very good muscle relaxers, it is a little better today. At least I can take a deep breath today. Won't be doing any heavy lifting, but better than yesterday for sure.
We had a wonderful time in Santa Fe, celebrating the marriage of Somer and Ryan. It was so good to see old friends and meet some new ones. We really enjoyed spending time with Alissa and Brek as well. And the food....
OH MY GOSH, THE FOOD!! We had so many wonderful meals. Ed should be green after all the green chile's he ate!! I don't think we had a bad meal the entire time we were there. And then we got to go to Dallas and have some of our favorite Texas meals. I was really afraid to step on the scale yesterday, but lo and behold, did not gain a pound!! Of course I am still not happy with what it had to say, but that's my life.....
Had a great visit with the Poynors and Copes while I was in Waxahachie. Ran out of time and didn't get to see everyone I had hoped to see. Maybe next trip...
My spa day at the Speedway Club was so fun. An hour and a half massage, mani and pedi. Almost did a facial, but my skin is so sensitive, I was a little leery. Probably made a good decision.
The kitties were very happy to see us. Puddy is laying on my feet as I write. He is such a sweetheart. I woke up the last two mornings to him curled up in the small of my back and MomaKat in the bend of my knees! Funny how they are always next to me and never Ed. Guess they know who loves the the most!!
I am going to try and add some pictures on here, still haven't figured out how to put them in the body of my posts and not just at the beginning. Need to spend some more time with this I guess and find out how to do that.
Hoping to see Julie and Julia this weekend, Meryl Streep and Amy Adams were just on the View, promoting it. It looks like a really good movie. We have dinner with the Martins and Hales to celebrate the 46th anniversary of Donna and Gary. Haven't seen them in a while, so it will be good to catch up with everyone.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment