I don't like August, there I said it! It's hot and has been hot for too long. It also means we have at the very least another month of much of the same. Around here, it doesn't really start to get cool until October and that is if you are lucky. Just one more reason I should be living in the North East. I need fall! It is my very favorite season. I love cool crisp mornings, the beautiful colors of the trees and most of all, knowing summer's heat is a very long way away. So, yes, I hate August.
I have had a few days to myself. Ed has been in Alabama since Monday and is due back tonight. He isn't traveling very much anymore and while it is nice to have him home, I have to admit I miss having some time to myself. He has traveled quite a bit during our marriage and I think we both became accustomed to some alone time. Of course, I wasn't really alone during his early travels. I had my girls with me. But at least it gave us a break and made us appreciate the time we did have together. The last seven years I have had quite a bit of "me" time. And I have really grown to appreciate it. So it was a little disappointing when his travel was cut way back and he is home most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I like the routine of him being here, but sometimes it is nice to break out of your routine. So, I have really enjoyed the past couple of days. Didn't really do anything, just hung out at the house. Me and the kitties. But back to reality, he will be home soon.
I can't tell which is worse...July or August
ReplyDelete