Saturday night and where was I? Sitting in a dark theater with a big drink, big popcorn and my big date. It has been almost 38 years since I first sat in a theater with this guy. We were only 12 (him) and 13 (me) when we first started "going together". Yes, I robbed the cradle so to speak. And now here we are, 32 years married, 3 wonderful daughters and still going out to movies. He was a trooper and saw Julie and Julia with me. I didn't tell him anything about it, didn't want to scare him and I think he actually enjoyed it. But as I heard him tell someone, he has lived with 4 women for the biggest part of his life. Guess we have rubbed off on him a little...
The movie was very good and I think it will be added to my collection. I do love just about anything Nora Ephron does. Her movies are usually on my "gotta see again" list. This one didn't disappoint. I came home and immediately found Julie's blog and have begun reading it. She is very colorful and I think I will enjoy reading it.
Mr. Ed is off on a ride today. I chose not to go. Having a hard time dealing with news we got yesterday morning. My good friend Cindy's nephew and his wife were involved in a motorcycle accident Friday night. Unfortunately, his wife did not survive. Her nephew had a badly broken leg, required surgery, but it looks as tho he will be released from the hospital in time for the funeral service on Wednesday. So very sad, they have a 14 month old who will never remember his Moma. Cindy is with the family, caring for the children so the brothers and parents can be with her nephew. This family will be in my prayers.
I am taking this as yet one more sign that I am not supposed to be on the back of that bike. I know I got back on the other day, but I wasn't comfortable and this just confirms some of my fears. I have always told Ed he has something to hang on to, but I don't and this accident makes me believe that even more. The husband is driving, he has injuries, but stays with the bike. The wife is thrown and suffers massive injuries and doesn't survive. Granted she wasn't wearing a helmet, not sure if it would have helped, but it probably wouldn't have hurt. Regardless, she died. End of story. Whether it means anything or not, I don't think I will be riding any time soon. One step forward, two steps back.....
What sad news. I'll be praying for Cindy and her family. It didn't occur to me that it might sound like I was pregnant. Good Lord I hope I'm not in the small percentage that still gets pregnant! Would not be good for my existing children :) I loved the movie too!
ReplyDelete