Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP

Wow, what a week this has been. I have always heard deaths come in threes and this week seems to have proven that. First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett and now Michael Jackson! It has been so surreal to see 1958-2009 on the screen since this was first reported yesterday. MJ was only about 2 weeks older than me. Obviously we lived VERY different lives, but none the less, very weird to see my birth year and someone I grew up listening to all over the TV this way.

It sounds as tho he may have been abusing pain killers, which could have led to cardiac arrest. So sad to lose such talented people, because their pain is just too much for them and they get addicted to the relief. Heath Ledger comes to mind. So talented and such a future ahead of him. And in an instant it's all over.

Even though we knew Farrah was in the final stages of her cancer, it is still so sad to hear she is gone. At least her pain is over. It just goes to show that no one is exempt from this horrible disease. I just hope and pray that one day, someone will find a cure and banish this hideous word from our vocabulary. It probably won't be in my lifetime, but maybe my grandchildren's children will never have to live or die from any form of cancer.

I hope
I pray

No comments:

Post a Comment