Sunday, January 6, 2013

Endings and Beginnings

Another year has come and gone. So many milestones in this past year. Eli had his first birthday, Oliver turned two,  Ed's parents celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary, we had our 35th, Alissa and Brek's 10th, the ten year anniversary of my Mother's death, what would have been my parents 55th wedding anniversary and so many more.

We made trips to Boston, Cincinnati, Aruba, California, Oklahoma City and Branson. I finally saw the Grand Canyon after all these years of driving past and flying over it. Saw the beautiful aspens in Colorado and so many of Ed's favorite places on our drive to Cali.

We had our first Lightner-Poynor-VanHoose family vacation and it was a huge success. Our next trip is already booked and being highly anticipated.

We found out we will be adding to our family this year. Baby V will arrive late March-early April. Looking forward to another sweet baby to cuddle!

We have had some challenges as well. Ed's dad is struggling physically and mentally. We had to close his business and are in the process of selling everything. It was very difficult to see all of his hard work come to an end.

We have some big changes coming in our life as well. It seems we will be moving back to Glenpool in order to help Ed's parents. We don't know where we want to buy or build, so we may move in with my Mother-in-law for the time being, until we sell our house and find somewhere to live. She needs our help and it just seems like the right thing to do for now.

I have had a few more Lupus flares this year. Sometimes I actually forget I have it and then it reminds me with a vengeance. Hoping and praying for a healthy 2013.

I am looking forward to what 2013 holds for our family. We have been so blessed and I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment