Saturday, December 15, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday I was sad because I wanted to celebrate my parents 55th wedding anniversary with them.

I was feeling sorry for myself because my Mother died 10 years ago, 3 months before my parents 45th anniversary.

I was being self centered and self-pitying...

And then, I turned on the news...

Dear Lord, I am so ashamed.

I pray this is a wakeup call for us all. That these precious babies and heroic adults lives will not have been lost in vain. We don't know what drove this young man to this awful act, but Lord, please help us to recognize the next person with these evil thoughts before he gets this far.

I don't know what it will take. I do know, we have to keep guns out of the hands of people who are going to go out and do these evil things. We have to find a way to appease those people who feel they MUST have their guns to be real Americans and still keep mentally unstable people from killing our children.

Lord, we need  your guidance now. Please be with the families in Newtown, Connecticut. Comfort them as only you can.

Amen

1 comment: