Kari was finally on her way!
I had just about given up, since she was more than 2 weeks overdue. In fact, I was scheduled to be induced on the 10th.
But Kari had other plans. So off to the Dr. we went. I was perfectly content to adopt a wait and see attitude, but Ed and Dr. Wilsey were a bit impatient. So, off to the hospital we went even tho I didn't have my bag and had not made long term plans for Alissa. Ed went back home to get our things and make sure his Grandmother could watch Alissa. I went to get checked in and start that wonderful drug, Pitocin.
I was assured it would probably be a long process, based on my first labor, but decided to call my Mom anyway so she could get to the hospital. She was in Nursing school at the time, but decided she would come on just in case. Thankfully she did, because it seemed Kari had a mind of her own and wanted to make her presence known.
And at 4:59pm Central time, Kari Denise Lightner came into my life. From the moment she was born, she has been a ray of sunshine. I have never seen a baby as happy as she was until a precious little boy by the name of Eli was born 10 months ago. He is his mother's child for sure!
So, today, I celebrate my middle child. It seems impossible that she is 30 years old today. And yet she is.
I love you Kari Denise, more than words can say. You have blessed my life in so many ways and I can hardly wait for all the adventures yet to come.

Made me cry. Thank you. I love you!
ReplyDelete