Instead, I cancelled that appointment and made one with my Dr. instead. Not as much fun, but necessary.
Now normally I don't run to the Dr. for every little sniffle (once went 11 years without seeing Dr. Pickens), but I knew I was going to be flying and the way my head and ears were feeling, knew that flight could be intensely painful. So off to the Dr. I went.
Didn't take long to diagnose a bad sinus infection, prescribe antibiotics and decongestant and send me on my way. I like my visits short, sweet and to the point. I spent the next 24 hours sleeping and trying to breathe. I really didn't think I was going to make the trip, but being the trooper I am (hey, it was Aruba after all) I took one for the team, packed up and headed out.
The flight was not fun, but not as bad as it would have been without the meds. And the reward was amazing.
The view from our room
While I didn't get to do any of the fun things I had planned, no snorkeling or other fun things. Guess I will just have to go back there one day and do all the things I didn't feel like doing on this trip.
A week at home alone has been good for me. I still have an annoying cough and some congestion, but feel so much better. Good enough, that we will leave tomorrow for Las Vegas and Kari's 30th Birthday trip. I am so excited to see all three of my girls together. It has been so long since we have all been together. I am sure there will be lots of things to talk about after this trip!! But remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
Unless I blog about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment