After a month in Cincinnati with Kari waiting for little Eli to get here, I was able to help her for 2 weeks before it was time to come to Boston to help with Oliver. I have now been gone from home for 5 weeks! It will be 6 weeks and a day by the time I get home next week. I may not leave my house for a month!
But I am loving the time with these two little boys. So thankful I am able to do this for them and their parents. When you can spend a month in your childs home and they are not ready to send you packing, you know you are loved and appreciated! Kari wants to make their basement a mother-in-law suite for me! She wouldn't have to do much, it is finished already, just a few pieces of furniture in the bedroom and I would be set. When I left, I told her I would be back if she needed me and she said," I will see you in 2 weeks"! I have told Ed we should sell the house and just travel, maybe now is the time! We can get a small apartment in Ft. Smith for when he needs to be in the office and just travel the rest of the time between the girls homes. Sounds like a plan to me!
Eli is three weeks old today. He will be a month old before we know it. He is a sweetie for sure. Not sure when I will get to see him next, but know he will have changed a lot by the time I do.
Oliver is in to everything! He is crawling, pulling up and will soon be walking. His smile will melt your heart and those beautiful blue eyes...I know I am prejudiced, but then I am supposed to be, right?
Hope to have some new photos of Oliver for my next post. I am sure I will manage to take a few while I am here.
You are such a gift to them. It's a great thing to have your momma's help when you have a baby!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary! Just happy I am in a position to help.
ReplyDelete