Saturday, September 25, 2010

Eight years

So hard for me to believe it has been eight years since my Mom died. When I think of all the things she has missed, it makes me so sad. She has had 2 great grandsons born and there is another baby on the way. She missed seeing Alissa graduate from law school, Kari graduate from the Naval Academy, and Kaci from OU. She didn't get to see Doug marry a wonderful woman who loves his kids and she won't be here for her 9th grandchild's birth in December. This little one is even due on my parents wedding anniversary, which I truly believe Mom had something to do with...



I know she would have had so much fun exploring the East Coast and Boston with me and spending time with Alissa and Brek. She would have loved visiting Kari in Hawaii and Virginia Beach. I can just see her at some of the casino parties Kaci put together, she would have had a blast at those. I know she would have been so proud to visit each of the girls in the homes they have bought. She was so excited for me to move closer to her and we were both looking forward to spending more time together. I had been so busy raising my girls all these years that there wasn't much time left over and we hoped to make up for lost time. Unfortunately that wasn't to be. Cancer had other plans for us. Instead, we had 6 months of Dr.'s appts, chemo and hospital stays. Have I mentioned I HATE cancer?

Today I am visiting Kari in her new home of Cincinnati. I am glad to be with at least one of my girls. I try to go to the cemetery on this date and put the fall flowers out. I have them bought and will try and take them one day next week.

I miss you Mom, please keep watching over us and look out for my girls. I hope we have made you proud.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment