Monday I was at the hospital with my dad for a biopsy on his prostate, yesterday we heard from the Dr. and it is cancer...lots of emotions and memories of hearing those words 8 years ago with my Mom. The good news is that it seems we have found it early and it is very treatable. He will have a bone scan next Friday and hopefully it will not have spread. We will meet with the Dr. to discuss options as well. Please keep my Daddy in your prayers.
Kari has left Virginia Beach for her new home in Cincinnati. She is actually on the road today. The movers packed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and loaded them out yesterday. She has been sick with a virus all week, but is feeling better today thank goodness. It would have been a miserable drive for her if not.
But the even bigger news for Kari is that she is expecting my second grandchild! Yep, going to be a Nonnie again in April. She told me 3 weeks ago, but I wanted to wait until she was a little further along before saying anything. I know she will make a wonderful Mommy. Hoping for a little girl this time! : )
I met with my new Rheumatologist this week, I really like him and feel very comfortable that he will give me good care and help me deal with this stupid disease. I have been feeling a little better and the rash on my face is much better. Not sure if it's the meds or the fact that I seldom see the sun anymore, but as long as it's better I really don't care. Dr. B did some additional tests, probably won't get those results until next week with it being a holiday Monday. He did more x-rays and told me the weird little knots on my feet are actually bone spurs! No wonder my feet hurt all the time...So today I ordered some inserts for my shoes (man that makes me feel old) and hope that will ease some of the pain. I also have heel spurs and arthritis in my big toe! That stupid toe has hurt for at least a year now, but never thought it was arthritis. Oh the joys of getting old and having Lupus...
My gyno appt didn't go as well as I had hoped, she saw something on the ultrasound, but for now just wants to take a wait and see approach. It seems the number she wants to see is around a 5 and mine was 6. something, almost 7 I think. But she felt it would be ok to wait and not do a biopsy just yet, unless more symptoms show up...praying they won't.
Kaci is on her way to Boston, finally getting to meet little Oliver. So excited for her and wish I was going too. It has been 2 weeks since I left and I miss that little guy so much. He is growing and changing every day and I hate that I am missing it all.



Love these pictures!! Brek's dad did such a good job. Brek actually took the one of Alissa and Oliver, isn't that a wonderful picture. So happy for my baby girl.
I lost a cousin this week, Bruce was only 50 years old. His service was this morning. I am so sorry for his siblings and mother. There were 3 boys and 2 girls in this family and now they have lost 2 of the brothers. Paul passed away almost 4 years ago. Praying for comfort for them all.
Like I said, lots of changes this week. I am ready for a more normal, less active one, but that probably won't happen anytime soon.
So much news! SO sorry to hear about your dad and your scary news-praying that things will heal quickly since it was found early. Such exciting news about Kari! Congratulations all around you--how fun that the girls will have babies so close in age. I love both of Oliver's names and I'm picking up on that you're calling him Oliver instead of Jack. My great-grandfather's name was Oliver, (my mom's grandfather who died when she was little,) so I've always loved that name. My sister claimed it even before she was married though :):)
ReplyDeleteWow! Congratulations to the new grandbaby! See how fast this grandma thingy can grow!? I won't be grandma again for awhile. :( But I sure love my little grandmunchkies!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Uncle Don's cancer. Hope all goes well. And you, what is going on!? You need to get well for all those babies coming along. Hope everything turns out ok with your tests.
Love you!
Kelly