Thursday, August 26, 2010

I didn't get a picture

I am so sad I don't have a picture to go with this post. But I was in such awe, I couldn't tear myself away to get the camera.

I was watching the Cardinals and Hummingbirds yesterday and enjoying them so much that I almost missed the real show...

A beautiful Moma deer and her twin babies, still with their spots mind you, in my back yard! They were so sweet. Moma was teaching them to pay attention to her and be very still at her command. She would walk, stop and listen and if the babies moved, she would stamp her left front foot. She would do this until they were still. It was so fascinating to watch! She did this all the way across our property until she got to the woods between our house and our neighbors.

I just stood in awe and watched the lesson.

I think I learned right along with the babies.

A beautiful moment and so thankful I was there to share it.

My camera is now sitting beside the door, maybe I won't miss it if the opportunity comes again...

2 comments:

  1. That would have been a sweet video. Looks like you have been doing some relaxing on these beautiful days too! I'm loving the cool mornings!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am still recovering from my time in Boston, have been pretty tired this week. Loved being there and would go back in a heartbeat, but it sure wore me out..Loving the cool mornings as well, can't wait for fall...

    ReplyDelete