I'm home after almost 4 weeks in Boston and my arms are fairly aching they want to hold Oliver so badly...I can't believe how much I miss him and think almost constantly of him. I look at the clock and imagine what he is doing, if he is sleeping, eating, getting his diaper changed or just laying in his Mommy or Daddy's arms, snuggled in and being loved. That's the image I like the most, he is just such a cuddle baby, he loves laying on your chest and sleeping as long as you will let him. I miss his sweet little face so much, not sure if I will make it to October without seeing him...
I had a wonderful, exhausting, fulfilling time with Alissa, Brek and Oliver and I will always treasure it. I am so thankful I was there for Oliver's birth and for Alissa and Brek afterwards. They thanked me so many times for the things I did, but in reality I was thankful to them for letting me be a part of it all. I know how independent and private my girl is, so I was prepared for whatever part she allowed me to play. But I needn't have worried, she was so generous and shared so much of the experience with me. Other than being in the operating room for the C-section, I pretty much had an all access pass. Made some amazing memories, that's for sure.
I am so proud of her and know she is on her way to becoming an amazing Moma. Welcome to the adventure Alissa, it's the most wonderful job in the world!
I'm so glad you got to be there and be a part of the rest of their lives. Funny how things never go back once the baby is born-life as we knew it vanishes and we wouldn't have it any other way :)
ReplyDelete