Friday, July 23, 2010

Rheumy appt.

Saw my Rheumatologist today. He seems to think the Plaquenil is helping. Took some x-rays of my hips and spine. Conclusion...Osteoarthritis in both... Whoo-hoo...At least that explains all the pain I have been having for the past several years. Gave me two more prescriptions, one for the arthritis and one to counteract the side effects of the arthritis pill...hardly seems worth it...Not sure I will take it, I think sometimes the cure is worse than the ailment. But we will see.

I think I will be switching over to the Doc here in Ft. Smith. It is just too far to go to Tulsa for these appts. Plus, I don't really care for the Tulsa doc. It just makes more sense to see the doc here in case I need to be in the hospital for any reason. So I have an appt with him for Sept. 1st. Hope I like him...

1 comment:

  1. Osteoarthritis! You are too young! I agree with you on the part about taking an extra drug to counteract side affects of another. Surely there is a better way.
    Also, I am on baby watch with you! Hope all goes well with Alissa and the baby.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete