Today the purchases included a battery operated fan/light combo, space saver bags, a special blanket in case the sleeping bag isn't enough and a special little gadget that is supposed to make a high pitched noise and scare any animals that might be thinking of running onto the road in front of you!! Who knew?
He didn't however buy the "Bear Spray", seriously, bear spray? Who thinks this stuff up? I had no idea how many things were essentials for camping. You have to have special toilet paper even! My job is to put together a first aid kit.
You know, in case the bears attack because they didn't buy the spray.
I am not kidding here folks, they really make and sell this stuff!
We are trying to find the best mosquito repellant, apparently the ones who reside in Alaska can carry away a moose or something. I am just a little (ok a lot) afraid of Deet. That is some powerful poison and I really don't like the idea of him spraying it on himself. Especially since they won't have access to showers EVERY day to wash it off. But that's just me...
Fortunately he and his buddies are coordinating and we don't have to purchase everything, they are going to share stuff so they don't have to carry so much. But I still shudder to think how much has already been spent on preparing for this trip...
I could probably have a great time in Hawaii for what has been spent to this point.
Again, not kidding here folks... Motorcycling is a very expensive hobby... And he has TWO of them. Of course they are very different bikes so they need very different accessories. What works for one will in no way work for the other. I may have to adopt the UPS guy, he is here that often!
Pictures, why of course I have pictures, let me just drag them out for you.
This is the firstborn, he isn't getting much attention since his little brother joined the family...

This is the newest addition. Of course he is naked as a newborn in this shot, but believe me, he has quite the wardrobe now...

I will take a pic of him when he is "fully loaded" and post it. You won't believe the difference!
No comments:
Post a Comment