Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thank you Nora

10 years ago, my mother was 61 and facing terminal lung cancer. I was living in Texas at the time and called one evening to check on her. I asked what she was doing and she said she was watching a movie, I asked which one and Mom tried to describe it to me. She finally got so frustrated trying to tell me that she said, "Oh, Connie, you know, the one where the girl pretends to have the "organism"! I got so tickled and said "Mom, has it been so long, that you have forgotten what they are called?" We had a really good laugh, which was much needed at that time. I lost my Mom in September of that year, but each and every time I think of this I smile. So, needless to say, When Harry Met Sally is my very favorite Nora Ephron movie. Rest in Peace Nora and thank you for your work and wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment