Friday, February 25, 2011

The Great Escape

Puddy escaped last night.

The door was open, he saw his opportunity and he took it.

We are getting all new door knobs throughout the house and in order to change them, the door has to be open.

And Puddy is no fool, he knows an open door means freedom. Even tho I warned Ed, Puddy is pretty quick for an older, out of shape kitty and he slipped out. Not once, not twice, but THREE times! The first time, I managed to corral him pretty quickly.

The second time, he decided to take me on a tour of our property and it was very dark. I finally picked up a very big stick and "herded" him back to the house.

But the third time was the charm for him. He had learned the lay of the land (and it was raining), so I wasn't able to get to him as quickly. He was just gone into the dark and stormy night. I decided to teach him a lesson and didn't go running after him (it was raining). But because I am the moma I am, I was worried sick about him.

After what seemed like days (2 hours)I heard MomaKat hissing and realized Puddy was at the dining room window. It took three attempts at the door to convince him, but he finally decided he was ready to end his wild adventure and rejoin the family.

I am so relieved and as I write, he is in his usual spot, laying on my feet. And if my hair wasn't already totally gray, I am sure I would have had some new ones after his little adventure.

Bad Kitty!



1 comment: