Ok, so, Pioneer Woman just posted her 10 reasons that she loves Sonic.
Now, having spent a great deal of my life in Oklahoma (age 9 to 27)and another big chunk in Texas (27-44) and now residing in Arkansas, I have consumed my fair share of Sonic food and drink. I am a Route 44 Diet Dr.Pepperahlic. There, I said it and I am not ashamed. Yes, I live for Happy Hour. I time my errands around it, can't pass a Sonic during Happy Hour without stopping and will be devastated if they ever do away with it. Okay, maybe not devastated, but for sure very, very sad...
But....
Having lived in Texas for those almost 17 years, I would not be able to live with myself if I did not brag on a little place everyone in Texas knows, that's right, Whataburger!
Now, we had one in Oklahoma and I actually ate there a few times before we moved to Texas. I have to say, I was not impressed at that time. Whether it was bad management or I just couldn't really appreciate it at that time, we will never know. What matters is that we soon moved to our adopted state of Texas and as they say, everything is bigger and better in Texas! And since Corpus Christi, Texas is the birthplace of Whataburger (there is one on just about every street corner, no lie), well they just know how to do it.
We quickly fell in love with just about everything on the menu. And for my girls it was a rite of passage to finally be old enough to go to Whataburger after whatever game they had just attended. It was where everyone went to see and be seen by everyone else! Of course, by then, we were only able to go thru the drive thru, they would have been mortified if we had actually come in while they were there with their friends!
And I don't know how many nights they counted down until 11pm so that they could go and get a taquito...What, you have never had a potato and egg taquito with salsa (or ketchup in Alissa's case) from WhataB? Oh, you poor thing, I am so sorry for you...
But back to my top ten...
1. The aformentioned taquito, you can get it with potato, bacon, sausage, cheese or any combination. That is the good thing about WhataB, the combinations are endless. And if you don't like taquitos, you can have a BOB, yes, that's right, a BOB, or as it is also known, a breakfast on a bun. Again, your choice on how you put it together. Me, I like just a plain old egg sandwich, a little egg, a little cheese and some salsa....yummmm, my mouth is watering!
2. Before they took them off the menu, the chicken fajitas were pretty darn good. I wish they would bring those back...hint hint...
3.Chocolate milkshakes, nuff said...
4.Chicken strips with Texas toast and plenty of white gravy to dip them in...So not good for you, but oh soooo good.
5.Whataburger ketchup...I do not know what they put in that stuff, but it is the best ketchup in the world...I usually try and eat a few french fries with the 4-5 containers I go thru. And yes, they are containers, no wimpy bags for WhataB, they give you something to dip your food in!!
6.Whatachick'n,it was immortalized in the movie 8 Seconds with Luke Perry as he portrayed the legendary Lane Frost. You have to try one!
7.Grilled Chicken Sandwich, for those times I am trying to eat healthy...but ususally it just means I can have more of the yummy french fries or onion rings!
8.The 36,864 ways you can make a Whataburger or if you are boring like me, you just let them make it the original way and love it every time!
9.The Hot Chocolate Brownie Pie!!! Oh my goodness, I know loving this is wrong, but I just don't want to be right!
10. All the wonderful memories our family has made and will make in the future at our local Whataburger in Waxahachie, Texas. Even tho none of us live there anymore and now there are three of them in our town( who would have thunk it), we have to eat there at least once every visit. Can't wait to take the grandbabies there for their first Whataburger Junior!
And no, I am not being paid to say any of this, but sure do hope someone would convince Corporate to bring Whataburger to Greenwood or Ft. Smith AR...Our closest one is in Tulsa and that is just too far for a late night taquito run...
I'm just sayin... : )
No comments:
Post a Comment