Kari arrived on Monday evening (10-4)after driving all the way from Cincy. It was so wonderful to have her here for a few days. I had potato casserole waiting for her, along with Cindy's Made Right sandwiches. We ate on the deck and christened our new fire pit that Cindy and Tracy gave us. We made smores and they were yummy!
Tuesday we tackled the wallpaper in the dining room. At first it was very slow going, but then my sweet neighbor Kaye came over, gave us some tips and before you knew it we were on a roll. We didn't get to finish because on Wednesday we started our journey to Hachie, with a few stops along the way. We saw Cindy and my Dad, then drove on to OKC to spend the night with Kaci. Unfortunately we were late, so she was a little perturbed with us, but we made it up to her.


On Thursday, we met my Dad at the hospital for his radiation seeding. He did well, but after the procedure, Kari had to stay 5 ft. away from him! He was radioactive and will remain that way for a few months. We left the hospital around 1pm, met Kaci for a yummy lunch, went back to her house, got our things and Paisley, returned some things to Hobby Lobby for Kaci and headed south. About 20 miles south of Norman, I had the bright idea that we should have just stayed with Kaci that night instead of going to Dallas, so we called her, told her what we were thinking, turned around and drove all the way back to her house! I am so glad we did, we had a fun night and made some memories.
Friday, we actually made it to Waxahachie. We stopped by the school and saw John Aune, then met Ed at the hotel. And we waited...and waited... for Alissa and Oliver to get back from Austin! They were stuck in horrible traffic and a 2 1/2 hour trip turned into a 5 hour trip. They were both exhausted by the time they finally made it back to Mike and Cindy's house. Ed and I picked up Chicken Express (our Friday night before game dinner)and got to the Poynor's as fast as we could. Finally after 7 weeks I had that sweet baby boy in my arms! Oh my goodness, he is so precious and he had changed so much. I just couldn't put him down. Of course I had to share him with his Aunties, but I held him as much as I could. I would have taken him back to the hotel if his Mommy would have let me...

Saturday we visited with friends, had a great lunch with my 4th daughter Somer and heard her wonderful news (not at liberty to share, but hopefully soon) : ) We watched some football and held Oliver.
Sunday we took some pictures in Getzendaner Park, visited with Mrs. Cope and then it was time to leave. It was soooo hard to leave that little boy. And a very long drive home...

Kari left on Monday, so happy to have had a week to spend with her. I got busy on the wallpaper and had it almost completely done by the time Ed came home. He helped with a few areas I couldn't reach well and by that evening the only thing that remained was behind the fridge. Good thing too, because my dull headache became a migraine and I was down for the count on Tuesday. This was one of the worst I have had in a while. Finally started feeling better Wednesday evening. Thursday I finished the kitchen and started the half bath. It is almost done, just the areas behind the stool and sink that I need help with. Yayyyy!
And that brings us to today. Didn't sleep well last night, so today may not be as productive as I had hoped. But we will see.
Whewww, sorry this was so long, that's what happens when I take time off and don't write a little every day. Hopefully I will be better about writing in the future.
Sounds like a fun-filled, love-filled time in Waxahachie! I barely missed y'all...we were there on Friday afternoon. So happy you got to have the girls all together with you!
ReplyDelete