Yep, think I am going to have to add spinach to the list of things I can no longer eat because it gave me food poisoning. And I really love spinach! We went to dinner Saturday night with Greg Parks and his family in order to give him his District Technical Rep Man of the Year Award. All dressed up, we had reservations at Bob's Chop House in Dallas. Everything was wonderful, the shrimp especially. I didn't even order steak because the appetizers were so wonderful(and I don't like steak), I just ordered a spinach salad and their garlic potatoes for my dinner. No one else had a spinach salad. About 2 and a half hours later... well you probably know what happened. I was up and down pretty much all night in the hotel. Poor Ed, he didn't get much sleep that night either. I managed to sleep for a few hours and then it started all over again. At this point, I am doubting I will be able to attend Alissa's baby shower. Fortunately my symptoms finally disappeared and even tho I was weak and still a little nauseaus, I managed to get showered and we made it to the shower. Alissa's tummy had grown in just the 2 weeks it had been since I had last seen her. My daughter from another mother was there as well, sweet Somer! We had not seen her since her wedding. She looks wonderful and is so happy. The shower was very nice and Alissa, Brek and little DJ received so many nice gifts. She loved the bunny made from her bedding fabric. It was a nice surprise I think. We went to dinner afterwards and then all headed our seperate ways. I think we made it home a little after 11 that night.
Ed's dad had his hip replacement surgery on the 13th and did pretty well until the pain meds got to him and then we were right back where we were last fall. Ed stayed with him Friday night and I stayed with Ed's mom. On Monday he was moved to a Rehab facility to try and get his strength back and get him walking again. Tuesday morning, MaMa called to ask if I could come up. PaPa did not have a good night and she wasn't feeling well. So I started getting things ready to be gone for a while and got on the road. I was almost to the turnpike when MaMa called to say things were much better and she would rather I wait to come when he comes home and she will need more help. So I turned around, came home, changed clothes and got on the riding mower. Our yard was pretty overgrown and with the threat of rain for the rest of the week I had to take advantage of the window of opportunity. It always makes me nervous to mow when no one is home ever since the "unfortunate lawn mowing incident" of 2004. But don't worry, I learned my lesson tho and stay far away from the swingset and anything else that can trip me up. But the yard looks great and I didn't have any accidents.
Yesterday was Alissa and Brek's 8th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has already been 8 years since we were in Tahoe and I watched my first born marry a man she loves very much. I am so happy for them and for the family they are about to begin.
I booked our trip to Boston for May. Alissa and Brek have bought a house and my friend Cindy and I are going up to help them with the move. Of course there will be some fun and sightseeing as well! We are thinking either Bar Harbor or Martha's Vineyard. I am leaning towards Bar Harbor since neither of us have been there yet. Need to start doing some research on that....
Whew, it has been a while since my last post and it shows with how long this is. Sorry for that, guess I need to write more frequent, less wordy posts. But at least we are caught up for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment