Friday, April 23, 2010

DJ is on his way

That's what the cake said at Alissa's shower this past weekend. The baby is jokingly being called "Darwin Jesus" (Spanish pronunciation) by his soon to be parents. So Brek's Aunt ran with it putting it on the cake and writing it in blocks for the centerpiece. It was very cute as the pictures below show.





The shower was very nice, I was last at Debbie's house for Alissa and Brek's wedding shower eight years ago. I thought of an interesting coincidence as Ed and I were driving down on Saturday. Eight years ago, I left my Mom in the hospital to drive to Texas for a shower for Alissa and Saturday we left Ed's dad in the hospital to drive to Texas for a shower for Alissa. Thankfully the circumstances of Ed's father's hospitalization were much different than my Moms. I know, I know, I always read too much into things, can't help it, just see a lot of symbolism in things.

Speaking of symbolism, I just found out my brother and his wife are pregnant! No, that isn't symbolic, but the background and due date are. My brother's first marriage ended and he met a wonderful woman and decided to have a reversal. It worked!! And the best part is their due date... December 14th...my parents wedding anniversary! You won't be able to convince me my Mom didn't have a hand in this pregnancy! She truly is an Angel watching over us. I even found something for little DJ's room to say just that.



Kaci had this made for Alissa and Brek as a housewarming gift. I thought it was so sweet of her.



Ok, enough for now, still feeling nauseous, not sure why, going to find some crackers...

2 comments:

  1. :) Can I get a copy of our "Poynor Family" picture? You got a good one! Love you, A

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so beautiful pregnant. I wondered what DJ stood for. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete