Sunday, March 29, 2009

Well, it doesn't look like I am very good at this blogging thing yet. I really need to remember to do it at least once a week don't I?? I will try and do better in the next few days. In the meantime, let's see what I can recall from the past two weeks and jot down what is in my future.

Hmmm, well, honestly there hasn't been that much exciting going on. We managed to survive all the birthdays and our anniversary. Ed and I went out to dinner at a Cajun place in Fort Smith for our 32nd anniversary. It was my choice and I should have listened to him and gone to Taliano's!! I am much more an Italian girl than a Cajun girl and I should have remembered that. It wasn't horrible, just not what I was hoping for.
Ed isn't very big on cards, so that morning when I got up and went into the kitchen, he had made a sign for the fridge and put it up with the girls college magnets. It simply said, Happy Anniversary, I love you. But it made my day!! And thinking to use the girls school magnets was a very nice touch. It's nice that after almost 38 years together (dating and married), he can still surprise me and make me smile with something so simple.

We had a couple of nice dinners this weekend. Our friends Mark and Sheila invited us to a new restaurant called 21 WestEnd on Friday night. They have been there several times but it was our first. Of course when we get to the building, it is pouring down rain and my umbrella is sitting on the dining room table!! So Ed drops me off and goes to park. After going to 3 doors, which were all locked, I finally gave up and looked for shelter!! Ed finally got to me and managed to find the one door that was open thank goodness. This restaurant is in the basement of this old building and is a very nice surprise from what you would normally find in Fort Smith. We arrived about 7:30 and didn't leave until after 10:00!! We had such a good time and the food was wonderful. It is definitely someplace to take visiting friends and family to in the future. We had a really nice visit with Mark and Sheila and it made me wish I had known about this place on our anniversary. Oh well, next year!!
Saturday evening, Cindy and Tracy called and asked us to meet them in Fort Smith. They were on their way to Searcy for Chad's baptism and since it had been so long since we had seen each other, it was a good opportunity to get together. We met them at Logan's and had a really good visit with them. With all that has gone on in '09, we just have not had too many chances to spend any time together. But Cindy and I are going to try an remedy that. We are trying to put together a girls trip in late May, early June. I think we are going to Boston, spend a few days with Alissa and Brek, go down to NYC for a few days and then back to Boston for a few more days with A and B and then back home. We had talked about a road trip, with stops in Tennessee, Virginia Beach and then Boston, but decided we would just focus on the northeast this trip and do VB another time. Cindy has never been anywhere on the East Coast, so she is super excited. It has been a very long time since I was last in New York, so I am excited about that as well. We hope to see at least one show while we are there, just depends what HalfPrice tickets has. But of course we will do all the touristy things, since this is Cindy's first trip. Hopefully we will be able to get all the details worked out soon and know exactly what we are doing.

Ok, enough for this one. I will try and post more often so that I don't forget so much. I also need to work on my writing skills!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment