Well, this isn't really my first, I posted another one and decided to delete it. So, here I go again.
My name is Connie, I turned 50 on September 15, 2008 and decided to write about what I hope will be at least the next 50 years of my life. So bear with me, I will try not to bore you.
Ok, let's get the basics out of the way.
Name Connie Denise Hall Lightner
Age 50
Married to Edward DeWayne Lightner since March 18,1977.
Mother of Alissa Michelle Lightner Poynor, Kari Denise Lightner VanHoose and Kaci Don Lightner.
Daughter of Donald B and the Late Wilma Ruth Pollard Hall.
Sister of Donald Jeffrey Hall and Douglas Arnold Hall.
I have wonderful in-laws, Donald and Lovella Lightner, 5 nieces and 2 nephews.
The greatest joy in my life this far would have to be my 3 girls and the greatest sadness the loss of my mother 6 years ago. More on this later.
I have had a pretty uneventful life, I was a stay at home mom for the majority of my girls lives and have ventured into the work place a few times, the longest being 5 years at Waxahachie High School in Waxahachie, Texas. I enjoy working, but would much rather do it on my schedule and not someone elses. My girls are scattered all over the country and I like to be available to them when they need me. My husband travels quite a bit for work and I am occasionally invited to go along, so working can really get in the way of my travel time. I would love to find something I can do that doesn't require me to be in an office on a daily basis and that I can do at my discretion. Not asking for much am I??
At this moment, I am recovering from my very first ever surgery. Granted it was only a removal of my gall bladder, but it was surgery none the less. I have 4 holes in my abdomen to prove it!! It hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be, but for sure isn't something I would want to do on a regular basis. I have been to more Dr.'s visits and had more tests done in the last 6 weeks, than I have had in the first 50 years of my life!! I don't make a very good patient and will be very happy for this chapter of my life to be finished. 2009 hasn't been much fun so far and I am really hoping it gets better soon.
If all goes well at my Dr.'s visit on Wednesday and I get a clean bill of health, I will be leaving for sunny California on Saturday. I will be meeting my girls to celebrate Alissa's 30th birthday. I just can't believe I will soon have a child who is 30 years old!! I still remember my 30th so clearly, it can't be 20 years have already passed!!
Alissa is my first born and I couldn't be more proud of her. She has become an amazing woman and I truly enjoy spending time with her. She and her husband Brek have lived in Boston for almost 7 years now. They moved right after their wedding so that Alissa could attend Law School. She graduated almost 4 years ago and passed the bar on her first attempt. She works for a large firm in Boston and really loves her job. There has been some talk of moving back to Texas, but who knows.....
I think this is enough for now, I am going to try and post more often, so that I can remember some of what I do each day. Hopefully one day my girls will enjoy reading my blog and know a little more about their Moma.
Bye for now.....
No comments:
Post a Comment