I can't believe it is already time to head off for Alissa's 30th birthday week in California. I will be leaving EARLY tomorrow morning to drive to Tulsa and meet up with Kaci there. We both got on the same flight, so at least I will have some company and support if I am feeling weak. Kari is already out there, she had business in San Diego, so she will be picking all of us up at the airports. Alissa will get there first and then Kaci and I.
I really wish I felt better for this trip. I am still having some issues from the surgery, it has only been 8 days after all. I know I shouldn't expect to feel fabulous, but I was sure hoping to feel better than I do at the moment. I had to go back to the surgeon today to get a shot of blood thinner, he is concerned about my flying so soon after surgery. This was another first for me, as so many things have been since this all started. I had to get the shot in my tummy!! And the nurse put a bandaid on after and completely missed the injection site!! I also had a stitch protruding from one of the incision sites, which she clipped off. The blister is somewhat better, still not healed and still hurting, but at least not infected!
I still can't believe I am about to have a child who is 30 years old!! It just seems like yesterday I was so anxious for her to get here and now here she is about to be 30. I didn't think I wanted to have any children and I am so thankful I changed my mind about that. Alissa was a wonderful baby and made being her Moma the easiest job in the world. She was such a beautiful little girl and is now a beautiful, smart and talented young woman. When she was little, we couldn't go anywhere without people talking about what a beautiful child she was and how well behaved she was. She has always had the most beautiful and expressive eyes and a smile that can melt your heart. I know I am very lucky indeed to be able to call myself her Moma.
No comments:
Post a Comment