Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Home

Home

It has been six weeks and four days since I was last home.

So much has happened, I really don't know where to begin.

But here goes...

We left on the 16th of March for a weekend in Bristol TN and a Nascar race on St. Patrick's Day. We had a great German meal in Knoxville on the 16th and then drove into Bristol on the 17th. It was a great time and a good race. We spent that night in Pigeon Forge, TN. It sure has changed since the first time we stayed there in 1978! And the hotel we stayed in was much nicer as well.

The next day was the 18th and our 36th wedding anniversary. We spent the day driving to Cincinnati so that I could be there with Kari for the birth of our third grandchild. Ed flew out the next day for Atlanta and back on Thursday. He left that Sunday to come home and we began our wait.

And we waited...from winter...








To Spring, we waited....




And waited.....



Finally on the 8th of April, things began to happen and at 8:25 on April 9th, sweet Lovella Ruth was born!! She weighed 7lbs 10 oz and was 20 inches long. And very overdue!! Kari was a trooper and made it thru without any medications.



 And just over 24 hours later we were home.



My favorite quote of the day was when Eli was told it was a girl, he asked if it was a squirrel! I hope he wasn't disappointed.



It was a whirlwind after that, taking care of two little ones, a house, dog and new Mommy. On the 25th, Alissa, Brek and Oliver came in for Eli's 2nd birthday party. Ed, Kaci and Lovella arrived the evening of the 26th and we partied on the 27th. The days went by so quickly and soon it was time to take Alissa, Brek and Oliver back to the airport. And then it was time to say our goodbyes...





















After 6 weeks, I was ready to be in my own house, but I was not prepared for how difficult it would be to say goodbye to my babies. I lingered as long as possible and for the first time, Eli was crying as we left, begging us to not leave. Oh my goodness, my heart was breaking. This is just so very hard and I don't know if I will ever get used to it.

Thank goodness for Skype....

Now, it is time to get busy and get this house on the market so that we can sell it and decide where we are going to go next.

Wish me luck!












No comments:

Post a Comment