It started on Tuesday with a trip to Tulsa to see Ed's parents. Donald is doing pretty well physically, but unfortunately the memory and confusion issues are getting worse. But he seems happy and is adjusting to his new surroundings pretty well. Lovella is doing better as well, seems more rested and not quite so stressed.
Kaci met us in Glenpool and then we all headed to OKC where the cooking and baking commenced. At least that is what I did. Ed and Kaci painted her dining room while I cooked...and cooked... and cooked! It turned out to just be the three of us for dinner, my Dad decided not to come, but it was a very good meal and everyone left the table stuffed! We had dessert with Doug and his family later that evening. So good to spend some time with them all.
Friday was a shopping/travel day. Ed and Kaci were up at 0 dark thirty, I chose to sleep. They had Kaci's Christmas tree purchased and home before 7am! We were supposed to leave that morning to drive to Texas, but Ed decided to put Kaci's Christmas lights up for her, so I did some cleaning while he was on the roof.
And then it was off to Texas to see our sweet Oliver!! And of course I was so busy playing, I failed to take any pictures of him!! Bad Nonnie!
Saturday was a busy day, mani/pedi's with Alissa, Cindy and Mandy, lunch and then time to get ready for the wedding of two very special people. It was like a family reunion of sorts, with so many of my "kids" being there. I haven't had so many hugs, kisses and "where are the rice krispie treats" in years!! I did manage to get a couple of pics, but of course not as many as I would have liked. Here are a few...
The Groom, one of my sweet boys
A sweet kiss from my sweet boy!
The Bride and Groom's first dance
The wedding was just beautiful and I hated to leave. Who knows when I will get to see all these kids and their parents again?Sunday was our last day with Alissa, Brek and sweet Oliver. We also were able to spend some time with Dr. and Mrs. Cope as well as Somer, Ryan and little Miles. And then it was time to make that long drive home...I think I cried all the way to Dallas...Thankfully I have my next trip planned to Boston already and that is what keeps me going.
This is my shopping/recuperating week, since next week I have to report for Federal Jury Duty in Ft. Smith. I have to be available for 60 days, but should only have to spend a week of actual duty. Bad news is I have to be there and ready to go by 8 am every day....Guess they didn't get the memo that I am not a morning person! I will have to leave the house by 7am to get there and find parking and still be on time...Did I mention I am NOT a morning person? I schedule all of my appointments for after 1pm. I don't do mornings people! And yes, as I type this at 11:44 am, I am still in my pj's.
Don't judge me please...



No comments:
Post a Comment